A1 Art Tattoos LLC
4606 E Michigan St.
Proper Tattoo Aftercare
We appreciate your business and are looking forward to seeing you around the shop to show off how great your new ink looks.
In order to get the very best results, follow these aftercare instructions exactly. If you find you have any problems or questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- Remove the bandage (If you received one) after two to four hours.
- You will not re-bandage your tattoo after that point, as it needs
air to help it heal properly.
- Wash the tattoo gently with water only to remove any medications, excess ink, or dried blood. You may find that cold water feels especially good.
- Dry the tattoo by blotting it very gently with a clean, soft paper towel. Only use white, unscented paper towels to avoid developing any skin irritations.
- Use only the artist recommended ointment, not Vaseline, and gently apply a light covering over the entire tattoo.
- Repeat this process two to four times a day for the next week.
- Around the second day, your tattoo will likely develop a protective scab. Do not pick at or scratch this scab, even if it itches(patting it helps some).
- The entire thing should fall off on its own. This is imperative to protect the color and design we’ve worked so hard to achieve.
- Do not soak your tattoo during the healing process. This means no swimming or soaking in the bathtub.
- Avoid exposing your new tattoo to sunlight as much as possible, but especially during the healing process. Keep it covered with comfortable LOOSE fitting clothing.
- Your tattoo should be completely healed in approximately seven to ten days.